CEO - Midlands
Post Duration : 3 year contract
This role presents an individual with an exciting opportunity to work in a growing compliance and risk service within an established and reputable trade and representative body for socially conscious financial institutions.
The Compliance Advisor will work within the Credit Union Compliance Centre (CUCC) of the Irish League of Credit Unions. He/she will be responsible for advising credit unions in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland in compliance-related matters.
The role will provide a central point of contact for Compliance Officers as well as a central point to channel and assist in the coordination of various compliance supports.
A key element of the role will be providing a professional and timely service which supports Compliance Officers in implementing and delivering compliance plans, statements and policies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide on-going advice and guidance via phone and email to subscribing credit unions on regulatory compliance matters.
2. Support credit unions in using the compliance software functionality
3. Research up-stream compliance requirements for credit unions in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland and communicate these in the form of concise, tailored regulatory updates.
4. Develop and review compliance guidance, procedures and other relevant documentation for review by the Compliance Advisor.
5. Engage with subscribing credit unions to ascertain their current and future support needs; collating this feedback and reporting it to the Compliance Advisor.
6. Participate in the coordination and facilitation of regional CUCC events for subscribing credit unions. This may require some travel and out of hours work.
7. Comply with all lawful and reasonable requests and directions of the Compliance Advisor and Head of Risk and Compliance.
8. Engage in on-going professional development to maintain and enhance competencies necessary to perform the role and also to maintain any professional designations (if applicable).
• A recognised compliance qualification or working towards a compliance qualification or recognised equivalent.
• Experience in financial services is desirable.
• Experience of delivering high quality professional services in the financial services sector is a distinct advantage.
• Sound knowledge of the ROI & NI financial services legislative and regulatory framework is desirable.
• Knowledge of the credit union regulatory framework would be an advantage.
• Excellent research and writing skills.
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
• Ability to maintain productive relationships with external and internal stakeholders for the benefit of CUCC.
• Adherence to strict deadlines.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Name: Margaret Davern
Title: HR Advisor
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone: + 353 1 614 6974
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 6th August 2018